Chinese manufacturers, not unlike factories around the world, have wide variances in their abilities, expertise, and capabilities. US companies considering outsourcing their products to China, need to know some of the basic qualities and capabilities to look for when searching for a top Chinese manufacturer.
When it comes to overseas manufacturing, it always pays to ensure any prospective manufacturing partner will be able to live up to its responsibilities. Finding Chinese manufacturers worthy of working with your company is the number one reason why your overseas project will fail or succeed.
Finding the Right Manufacturing Partner in China
While China manufacturing overall has made tremendous strides in the past decade alone, there are still stories today regarding its negative aspects as compared to 15 years ago. China’s manufacturing sector is working diligently to right these issues. Avoiding and preventing situations that can present themselves at virtually any moment, and can ultimately cause shipping delays, reworking, and even complete containers to be scrapped is the only way to succeed in manufacturing overseas. Critical to your offshore project’s success is to seek a manufacturing partner who:
- Makes ongoing quality assurance an integral part of the way it serves its clients overseas. Today’s best manufacturers in China understand that their customers’ concerns regarding long-term quality and reliability is a critical part of being a trusted manufacturing partner. Poor or inconsistent quality is considered poison to growing market shares, and to building the kind of reputation a company can turn into increased sales. However, a solid manifesting partner will have built-in and effective quality assurance checks and processes that foster confidence, trust, and repeatable performance.
- Has reliable, direct access to all necessary resources and inputs. Lower labor costs and a well-developed manufacturing support system, including readily available resources and components, is a must for today’s successful Asian manufacturer. A Chinese manufacturer that maintains strong relationships with all the necessary material suppliers, will make business much easier for its clients.
- Is able to adapt and respond to clients’ ever-changing requirements and demands. Flexibility and responsiveness is as crucial as the quality of the finished product. A manufacturer that wants to be viewed as a trusted business partner, builds that trust and confidence in its capabilities by being ready to do what is necessary to accommodate its customers’ needs no matter the evolving market conditions.
- Communicates in an effective and timely manner. If there is an issue that could delay the timeliness of the shipment, or affect the quality, you need to be notified immediately. When/if the situation has been resolved, you need that same clear, easy to understand communication.
- Has a competent, well-trained staff and experience with the manufacturing processes needed to make your product. Experience is crucial. Just because a factory has a picture of a similar item on their website doesn’t mean they manufactured it…or that they have the expertise to manufacture your particular item. You must verify everything while not taking anything for granted.
Effective & Informed Assistance- A Quick Call Away
It can be a challenge to ensure your company has a Chinese manufacturer with these basic qualities in place. However, you’re not alone in your search for top manufacturers. Seasoned manufacturing liaison companies like ITI Manufacturing, are highly experienced when it comes to providing US-based businesses with reliable, well-suited Chinese manufacturers. ITI has been working with Asian manufactures for over 43 years; and we manage 100% of the overseas manufacturing process, plus we guarantee no manufacturing defects in any shipment! There’s never a need to sacrifice quality because you’re reducing your manufacturing costs, or to take a chance on a factory because their website looks good. We’re here for you!
Ready to get started or learn more? Connect with ITI today at 888-574-6823, or discover if China manufacturing is right for you.